Key features of the Altitude stock:
- 13.5” LOP, overall length of 31”, overall approximately 25 ounces, forend width 1.75”
- 1″ Pachmayr Decelerator Pad
- Elevated ambidextrous Negative comb, drop of comb is 1” in front and negative .75” towards rear of comb
- Inlet is ready for over sized recoil lugs and Wyatt’s extended internal box mag
- Modified ambidextrous vertical grip for proper shooting technique and comfort.
- Aluminum pillars installed.
- Dual swivel studs in forehand and one in the butt stock, 3” center to center screw spacing for front rail.
- Paint is removed from receiver area for proper glass bedding and to save time from sanding.
- Barrel channel has been inletted with a longer cylinder length found on custom barrels such as Proof Research, Bartlein etc.
- Texturing on forend and grip
Dean (verified owner) –
These are fantastic stocks. I have 3. Really like the high comb for rifles with large dia objectives. Fit and finish is top notch. Light weight and stiff. Delivery time was less than anticipated and they are priced very competitively. These stocks have become my ‘go-to’ for rifle builds around Rem 700 foot-print actions.
Loren Nielsen (verified owner) –
Best stock on the market in my opinion! I have several of these stocks and all the guys I hunt with have sold their other stocks that begin with “M” and switched over to Mesa. Inletting is precise and the stocks require very little modification to get a great bedding job. A lightweight stock built to extremely tight tolerances coupled with fantastic customer service and great owners in John and Stephanie make the Mesa Precision stocks a no brainer for anyone that wants quality parts as well as top notch service!
Seth Canalichio –
This stock is amazing! I’ve built several rifles over the years and this hands down is my favorite stock. It is extremely comfortable when shouldering and is exceptionally light. What a great piece of equipment!
Jared Davis (verified owner) –
Love the stock. The fit is perfect for me. Solid, high quality work. I will be getting more in the future.
Jeffrey Job –
Fantastic fit and finish. I weighed mine and it came in at 27 ounces. I’m upgrading my standard rifle stocks for three reasons
The weight is much lower, the comb is much higher for goid cheek weld and A3 vertical grip. These are all huge improvements in stock design.
Well done Mesa.
todd frediani (verified owner) –
This stock is amazing. I just replaced a custom built mountain stock that was actually too light for a magnum. This Mesa stock is perfectly balanced and fits perfectly. I liked it so much I just ordered another for my 6.5 PRC. I think this is by far the best stock on the market today.
Marvin Temple (verified owner) –
Built my first rifle recently and used the Altitude. At first I was a little skeptical, but once I got the stock in and seen the workmanship and the quality that was put into it I realized that I had made the right call. The lines and fit are excellent. They even painted it the way I wanted it for no extra charge. The stock is light and rigid. I’m now trying to decide what I want to build next and I will be using another Mesa Precision stock. The service was excellent as well.